Assured Property Rentals - Residential Management and Letting Specialists
Tel: 0117 986 044 email:
Return to Home Page Landlord Introduction Click here Landlord Preparation Click here Landlord Registration Click here



Your property is required to be in good order both internal and on the exterior of the premises, it will need to be clean and with all equipment in good working order. Ensure all pathways, gardens and garages are clear of debris and swept clean.

If your property has a gas supply you will require a Landlords Gas and Safety check which a Corgi registered engineer will carry out and issue a service certificate, this is a legal requirement. Assured Property Rentals can arrange for this to be carried out. Just ask us for further information.

Please also bear in mind that all upholstered furniture must comply to the Furniture and Furnishings (fire safety) Regulations 1988.

We also recommend that smoke alarms be installed in rented properties.


Prepare an information sheet for your property and keep it in a kitchen drawer detailing useful information such as:-

  1. Gas and Electric suppliers
  2. KeysLocation of mains stop taps for gas, water and consumer unit for electricity
  3. Manuals for electrical appliances such as washing machine, cooker, microwave, alarms etc.
  4. Date of refuse collection
  5. Any other useful information relating to your property.


3 Sets are required: 2 for the tenant and 1 for the agency


A full inventory of the letting accommodation will be completed by Assured Property Rentals Limited.

If you are letting your property on an unfurnished basis, please be aware that most tenants will require a cooker, refrigerator, carpets and curtains.


Pay all outstanding service accounts, but ensure that all services are left connected and switched off.


We have a team of professional tradesmen who are on call 24 hours a day for emergencies, most repairs are carried out within 48 hours. Many of our Landlords respect our common-sense approach and give us authority to make decisions regarding routine repairs.


If you have a mortgage you will need to contact your mortgage company for permission to let your property. They will want a copy of the Tenancy Agreement.

If you own a leasehold property you will need to advise your management company of your intentions.


If you would like to take the next step to renting your property with Assured Property Rentals, please CLICK HERE

Website Creation & Hosing: